Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New Hope!


I am not a political gal.
Never have been.
However...
For the very first time ever in my 32 years,
I actually put some thought into who I would like
to be our next President.
We have been given the hard-earned gift and right to vote, so I thought...maybe I should respect that, due my part, and vote!
Not just vote for who I am told to vote for, but actually form my own opinion on who I think is best suited for the job. And what a job to step into. I wouldn't want it! How about you?
Well, obviously...I voted for Obama!
I silently let my thoughts and the thoughts of other stew and brew in my noggin, until I came to my own conclusion. I went into the my designated polling station with unwavering confidence and left proudly, knowing I chose, in my own mind, the right man! And that I cared enough to pay attention to the details this election year.


Whether you are an Obama fan or a McCain fan...
you have to admit...
that was one excellent acceptance speech!
I watched it and felt giddy with hope!
I hope you did too!

So here is to a new future, filled with
HOPE!
Yes we can!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the voting world! Your vote was heard. If I don't see you sooner, see you Friday!!

Unknown said...

Yes we did! Steve and I were lucky enough to have attended the rally in Grant Park...talk about inspiration and hope, 100,000+ people peacefully, joyfully celebrating his victory...people crying, hugging each other, dancing, cheering, etc. It was incredible. I'll send you some pics!
Jen