Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Why am I here....

Hello!
Hellllllllooooooo! (echo)
Is anybody here?!?!?!?
So, let me start by introducing myself...
Hi! My name is Kenzie.
I am one of those 30's somethings....
a 30's something that feels older than her age...
by that, I mean.. physically!
Somedays, I feel 80!
My bones ache,
my muscles feel weak,
...and I am 30 lbs overweight!!!!!
I am sick and tired of the skin I am in.
Which brings us to why we are here!
Why I am here...
who knows if anyone will read this,
so I will just pretend I have a full audience!
So humor me if you will!

The reason for the title '{Re}inventing Myself'?
Well as you could probably guess...
I am going to do exactly what the title states....
REINVENT MYSELF!
Sounds pretty drastic, I know.
I mean there has to be something about myself that I would like to keep...
Well, yes..I will keep my family, friends & what-not.
It is ME I want to change!
I feel like I have been stagnant for so long...
just going through the motions,
just taking up space... lots of it!
I don't want to just occupy space anymore...
I want to get off my rump and do something!about it!
NOW! TODAY!
I want to be someone my children will look up...
someone my parents are proud to have raised...
someone my husband would brag about...
someone I don't mind being!

SO...the wheels are in motion!
Slowly but surely!
I am going back to school to clear out the cobwebs.
I have dusted off my running shoes.
And I am giving the gym a try...
for the first time in 10 years!
YIKES!

This is the place I will be held accountable!
I am on a mission!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im old - achey and overweight too- all that $$ i spent on that FOOOOD in rockvegas that summer- uh!!! it was HOT here for 3 months and i tried not to move so i would stop sweating- well bad idea!!! so i will hold you accountable - if you do me too! i want to loose 10-15 atleast... the motivation isnt there- yet- so MOTIVATE ME! :)